3 Steps to Stress Test Your Plan & Hopefully Have Less Stress
Do you worry about a drop in the markets, “what if” scenarios, or scary-sounding headlines?
One strategy that can be helpful to reduce financial worries is to see what may happen with different scenarios. For example, “Could my plan survive if:”
- The markets dropped immediately by 20-30% or more?
- Social Security was reduced?
- Inflation was higher in the future?
- My investment returns were 1-2% below what I expected?
- Tax rates increased?
- I live longer than planned?
- Health care costs increased?
Getting answers to these questions might suggest that you could be just fine despite what the news headlines say. If you want answers to the above questions, follow these three simple steps:
- Log in to your plan – CLICK HERE
- Select the “stress test” option within the Retirement tab, as seen below.
- Enjoying running different scenarios and having a better understanding of the strength of your plan.
If you need help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us on the One Life team!